To Assist Independent Creative Director / Designer. Fashion design and development in work that includes large scale / international show development, creative consulting and development for regional/ national clientele and custom bespoke collections for high profile, celebrity and editorial based clientele. Seeking a proactive assistant to support from ideation to execution with the ability to implement system based strategies for project based work with an awareness of all cultural influences.
New York based, with national and international projects.
Candidate should have the capacity to interpret and apply current affairs, trends, cultural influences and communications to conceptual based fashion projects.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING REQUESTED:
- Ability to delegate, lead and work with others – vendors, clients, crew — can work cross functionally within various teams and projects
- Clear and efficient communication skills – excellent written and verbal.
- Organized Project Management and Time Management skills.
- Researching and ability conceptualize themes, reference banks, mood board development.
- Keen sense of aesthetics and ability to identify appropriate applications per project.
- Current and Historical Fashion, Cultural and Arts references.
- Resources and Markets – both material source and retail, showroom sources.
- Practical garment making skills and process from sample though production.
- Knowledge of Arts, Music, Entertainment and their influence and applications towards fashion systems.
- Strong Presentation Skills.
- Understanding of Photo/TV/ Video production process
- Familiarity with or ability to research European and Asian markets.
- Proficient: Adobe Creative Suite (Photo, InDesign, MS Office)
- Strong Presentation Skills, Excel
- LANGUAGES: English / Mandarin (a plus)
The position is for immediate placement on a freelance basis, with long term potential for permanent full time position with benefits.
Salary based on experience – please send requirements with CV and examples of current work via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org